About the global study
Subtonomy has teamed up with Telecoms.com in this years prestigious Annual Industry Survey.
We are delighted to share the results of this years in this special report.
As usual, this year’s report begins with our comprehensive sweep of the telecoms landscape, before taking a deep dive into six specific areas that are critical to telecoms today and tomorrow. They are 5G, Digital Transformation, BSS Modernisation, Broadband, Open RAN, and Customer Service Automation.
Here are some of the key findings:
- 5G initial deployment, 5G densification, and digital transformation top the investment priority list
- Seven out of ten respondents think 5G has met or exceeded their expectations
- More than half have security concerns around running telco applications in the public cloud
- Nearly half use a converged BSS stack to serve both consumers and enterprises
- Three-quarters believe government funding for broadband is not enough
- Nearly half have already deployed Open RAN or plan to do so soon
- Close to seven out of ten already offer or plan to offer APIs to enterprise customers to enable self-troubleshooting